Monday, December 7, 2009

Day 5 P A R T Y T I M E




Looks like someone has been too busy (?) to post on here DAILY as planned.
OK...
Day 5....I wish to say that it is time to think of having at least one party at your house this season. A real party. A parteeeeee!
Even if you invite just one guest.
So I am going to start planning a party.

I want to tell you about the party we went to on December 5, 2o09.

(The picture above gives an idea of the type of decorations we were greeted with when we went to this party. I will explain the dog at the end of this post.)




It was for the Family History Center staff and it was held at the Goates' gorgeous huge home in Apple Valley. Everyone brought something for the table. I brought a big casserole dish of my stuffing. We had turkey as the main meat but someone brought the most delectable meatballs swimming in a yummy sweet sauce. And there was a raspberry jello dish I kept going back to for more helpings. There were several casseroles, some salads...and the guests were spread out in different rooms. Sharol Goate's house has 2 living rooms and 2 dining rooms and each room was wondrously decorated for Xmas and had a long table with christmas table cloths, and centerpieces.

I wish I had my camera with me to take pictures of all the cute decorations she had throughout the house.

Desserts included: pumpkin pie, magic cookie bars, apple pie, and Lolas famous cheesecake.
The conversation was rich and amusing at our table. The folks at this party....very much world travelers with fascinating stories to tell. After the meal, we gathered around in the biggest living room with the tall tall christmas tree and went around the room with each person telling something about themsleves so we got to know each other better. Some of these folks I had never met before so it was quite interesting. John never met most of them before since he doesn't actually have a shift at the library. I met a lady, La Nett who had 12 children and scads of grandchildren and great grandchildren. She had a very youthful look about her, too!
I met Joyce! Sharol's mom. She was married when she was 15. Her 2 brothers...last name of Rowberry, are successful artists (painters). This lady was recently cured of several cancers by using a unique formula. She looks great! Energetic and sparkly woman! I could go on and on..but basically this post is about parties.
So just have a party! Do it!

By the way, because of this party, I have fallen in love with St. Bernard dogs. The Goates have one (only weighs 140 lbs...they had one years ago that weighed twice that)..named Freckles. I think I would love to have a St. Bernard dog!


Today's Song: We Need A Little Christmas

No comments: